The theme and the priorities of the conference reflect the conceptual principles underlying the modernization of education and the reform of the educational systems in European countries, as well as national development strategies for the XXI century. One of the European Union’s key educational objectives is the provision of equal opportunities for all with regard to access to learning and knowledge, regardless of gender, financial and physical ability, and place of residence. That is why, distance learning has now been granted a status of high priority. If introduced on a wide scale, distance learning and teaching may make significant contribution towards the achievement of educational goals in member states.
The Faculty of Ethnology and Sciences of Education at the University of Silesia, Poland has extensive experience in the implementation of distance learning in other departments across the university. The Faculty’s Distance Learning Platform operates smoothly and continues to expand. The conference is designed to bring together all agents involved in e-learning – university students, faculty staff, and educators – to explore and share experiences with e-learning and distance learning, both at home and abroad. The partners and the co-organizers of the previous editions conference 2009-2013 includes the University of Ostrava (Czech Republic), Matej Bel University in Banská Bystrica (Slovak Republic), Silesian University in Opava (Czech Republic), Constantine the Philosopher University in Nitra (Slovak Republic), which are also involved in many activities in the field of e-learning and ICT in frame in particular a together project “E-learning as a road to communicating in the multicultural environment”, supported by International Visegrad Fund (IVF). Among our participants there were researchers and scientists from different countries.
Strengthening and widening international cooperation resulted a starting a next international scientific project IRNet International Research Network for study and development of new tools and methods for advanced pedagogical science in the field of ICT instruments, e-learning and intercultural competences (www.irnet.us.edu.pl), Project financed by the European Commission under the 7th Framework Programme, within the Marie Curie Actions International Research Staff Exchange Scheme (2014-2017) with participating 10 Universities from 9 countries: University of Silesia in Katowice (US), Poland, (Coordinator)), University of Twente (UT, The Netherlands), University of Extremadura (UEx, Spain), Constantine the Philosopher University in Nitra (UKF, Slovakia), Lisbon Lusíada University (LU, Portugal), University of Ostrava (OU, Czech Republic), Curtin University in Perth (CU, Australia), Borys Grinchenko Kyiv University (BGKU, Ukraine), Dniprodzerzhinsk State Technical University (DSTU, Ukraine), Herzen State Pedagogical University of Russia, St. Petersburg (HSPU, Russian Federation).
The start the new international project “FITPED - Work-based Learning in Future IT Professionals Education” (www.fitped.eu), with participation of Constantine the Philosopher University in Nitra, Slovakia (coordinator), University of Silesia in Katowice, Poland, Pedagogical University of Cracow, Poland, Mendel University in Brno, Czech Republic, University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain, Helix5, Netherland, Teacher.sk, Slovakia was determinanted a digitization of the society and the automation of many processes bring new opportunities and types of jobs. The number of employees employed in the IT sector is continually growing. The employees in the European Union urge that there is an increasing lack of IT specialists, mainly in the field of software development, data analysis and data science.
The theme of the conference is:
"E-learning and STEM Education”
The conference topics include the following thematic sections:
1. E-learning and STEM Education
- STEM education trends
- Robots and Coding in education.
- Immersive learning environments. Blockchain.
- Internet of things. 3D printing
2. E-environment and Cyberspace
- E-environment of the University.
- SMART-Universities. SMART Technology in education
- E-learning in a sustainable society.
3. E-learning in the Development of Key and soft Competences:
- Effective development of teachers' skills in the area of ICT and e-learning
- Key competences in the knowledge society,
- Use of e-learning in improving the level of students’ digital competences,
- Distance Learning and Lifelong Learning
- Self-learning based on Internet technology
4. E-learning and Intercultural Competences Development in Different Countries:
- Legal, social, human, scientific, technical aspects of distance learning and e-learning in different countries,
- Psychological and ethical aspects of distance learning and e-learning in different countries,
- Collaborative learning in e-learning,
5. E-learning Methodology – Implementation and Evaluation:
- European and national standards of e-learning quality evaluation,
- Evaluation of synchronous and asynchronous teaching and learning, methodology and good examples,
- MOOCs – methodology of design, conducting, implementation and evaluation,
- Contemporary trends in world education – globalization, internationalization, mobility.
6. ICT Tools – Effective Use in Education:
- Selected Web 2.0 and Web 3.0 technology,
- LMS, CMS, VSCR, SSA, CSA,
- Cloud computing environment, social media, Multimedia resources Video-tutorial design.
7. Alternative Methods, Forms and Techniques in Distance Learning:
- simulations, models in distance learning,
- networking, distance learning systems,
8. Theoretical, Methodological Aspects of Distance Learning:
- Successful examples of e-learning,
- Distance learning in humanities and science,
- Quality of teaching, training programs and assessment,
- E-learning for the disabled.
The members of International Programme Committee are experienced scientists,
scalars, researchers in area ICT and distance learning from more then ten European and